Friday, August 27, 2010

The Intro

I'm writing this blog more for personal reasons than the benefit of others. I'm a married & working mother living in the bustle of Los Angeles. I have family close by and family far away. I have friends close by and friends far away. And in the midst of the daily grind, I have found, especially since I had a son, my own thoughts are often completely unprocessed. The things I used to be passionate about have been buried under the bills, diapers, and even as I write, spit up on my sandals. So, in an attempt to have the various facets of my life add to me, and not subtract from me, I am writing a blog.

To give you a glimpse, which is what this blog is about, I live in Los Angeles. I've been married for 3 1/2 years and have a 6 month old son. I grew up in Kenya and my parents still live there. I work at a group home with severely emotionally disturbed kids - the source for many of my musings. My husband is getting his Masters in International Public Policy at UCLA, and works at the same facility I do. I love to cook, my house is never as clean as I want it to be, and I go to church on a regular basis.

That is my brief synopsis of myself and the current state of my life...I have many things I want to muse on and stories I will share but for now, I'll leave you with this intro and one final thought..."The first purpose of every soul is not to find its freedom, but its master" My hope is through this blog, I am able to find my soul's master, and that the journey would be filled more with laughter than with tears.

1 comment:

  1. I eagerly await more musings, insights into your mind and heart, and the personal growth, understanding, and wisdom you will gain through the process.

    ps - your husband sounds like a really fantastic guy.

    ReplyDelete

The Favorites